Free Trade Agreements

Canada has bilateral and multilateral foreign trade agreements (FTAs). Most of the FTAs ​​to which Canada is a signatory contain provisions to facilitate the mobility of temporary business persons to Canada.

Generally, eligible foreign workers under a FTA require a work permit to work in Canada, but are exempt from obtaining a labor market impact assessment ( LMIA ), which makes the process of obtaining a work permit be seamless, cheap and fast.

The Canada-United States-Mexico Agreement (CUSMA) is the largest FTA to which Canada is a part of.

The Canada-Europe Comprehensive Economic and Trade Agreement (CETA), along with the Chile, Peru, Colombia and Korea FTAs, are similar to CUSMA and all contain provisions granting temporary entry to 4 categories of business persons: business visitors , professionals, assignees within the company, and merchants and investors.

Entry requirements vary significantly from category to category. However, the same exemption from requiring an LMIA applies.

Contact us and discover the best option to immigrate to Canada